[HONG KONG] Off the TOURIST track DAY 1 - 21 October 2015

Many people discouraged me from taking this trip, but I am so glad I did it anyway!

The main reason I took this trip was to attend a super close girlfriend's wedding. So why did people discouraged me not to go? Because I went SOLO! Yes, you heard it right, on my own! And there is absolutely nothing wrong with going to Hong Kong alone, except you wouldn't be able to order a full table of food and try only bits and pieces here and there so yah.

So off I went! If you've read my previous post, I took the exact same airline, the exact same timing to and fro Hong Kong. It was pretty comfortable, there was quite a bit of turbulence but somehow that made me sleep better. All that said, I had a whole row to myself because it wasn't a super full flight - another plus point! When we were preparing to land, I totally did not want to wake up!

Woke up, walked down the plane, cleared the customs (remember to fill in the departure form) and went to 7-eleven to grab a bottle of water and top up my Octopus Card that was when my eyes caught sight of this!!!

LYCHEE MINTS
LOVE IT!!!

One of the things I really love getting is the unique flavours of ECLIPSE which I can only find in Hong Kong!

So I took the airport bus A21 to Tsim Sha Tsui and in about less than hour, I arrived at Mirador Mansion - where I booked my accommodation through AirBnB.

Have already mentioned to the host that I will be arriving early in the morning and that I just need a place to book my luggage, but still there was no response. Used the free Wifi at the lobby of the Mansion and whatsapp him but still there was no response. Just like that, I waited at the lobby for about an hour and half!

Finally communicated to me that I was suppose to drop my luggage at Level 10 (accommodation was at Level 11), and was so relieved to have somewhere to leave my luggage and proceed with my day!

Not knowing what to do, and kind of affected in terms of mood, I walked along the streets of Nathan Road. Can't help but thankful for the quiet streets around 8.30 in the morning. There was a father doing a running race with his son. After what felt like a short walk (okay it took about 15 minutes), I arrived at Jordan (one station away from Tsim Sha Tsui, you can train there too!). Found the walkway to get to Australia Diary Company and off I went. But before that, I dropped by Circle K and grabbed myself a SIM card!

CSL and PCCW merged so they belong to the same communications company now

Australia Diary Company!!!

SCRAMBLED EGGS!

Ordered cold one this time, I think the warm one would taste nicer!


Satisfied with my cravings at Australia Diary Company, I proceeded to walk aimlessly around the streets and landed myself at Hong Kong Museum of History! I have to admit the main reason I went there was for the air-con. I believe the History was pretty intensive, just too intensive for me, having only had less than 3 hours of sleep.


Then somehow I ended up at iSquare after the museum visit.

It was like any other shopping malls, I had wanted to watch a movie at first but then I was no attracted to any movies in particular so after a while simply found a place to sit and rest.

Then my girlfriend was done picking up her wedding dress and arranged for me to meet her and her family at Quarry Bay Station.


Quarry Bay Station

The green letter box outside the station


And we had Dim Sum!

Just some of the many dishes we had for lunch!




Then I went to her parents place to chill before walking to her place to lace around.

Her pet - DONUT!

She had another university friend attending her wedding from Indonesia and she had bought Disneyland tickets and had wanted to pass it to them so I delivered the tickets instead. And so we arranged to meet at Causeway Bay.



Dinner.

DINNER

After dinner I pretty much went back to rest, can't imagine hanging around with just 3 hours of sleep!

But before I went to the station, I dropped by SOGO Basement 2 to check out BAKE CHEESE TART and turns out the queue was too long that I was uninterested to queue!

The shop.


Thank God the accommodation was more bearable than my experience to drop off my luggage! They gave me a double room for the first night because the rest of the rooms were booked out. Thankful for that, at least there was slightly more space than I imagined!

Room for the first night


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First HOLIDAY of 2018 ~ HONG KONG DAY 4 - Day Trip to Shunde 顺德

Dream Come True 2013 - Day 1 (of 7) in Korea - Jeju-do (10 Dec 2013, Tuesday)

Winter in Korea 2019: Day 7: Seoul (Last Day of 2019)