Layover in Hong Kong - 30 Jun 2018 (Saturday)



Layover in Hong Kong for the 2nd time, and this time for a longer duration, I remember to get my Airport Express ticket at the airport counter this time. 😂

Time check: 7am!



First stop: Check in for my next flight! 

One of the things I love about Hong Kong is how they have conveniently placed check in counters in the city so you don't necessarily have to be at the airport 2 hours in advance to ensure you check in on time and that buys me more time to spend in the city! 

Take the train to Hong Kong station, which will take you less than 30 mins! 


Take the lift to L2 to check in

Head to the Island Line
Time check: 7.45am

Follow the signage to take the Island Line (Blue)

Alight at Sheung Wan station
Took Exit E2 at Sheung Wan station. Any guesses where I'm headed? 😂

Follow the signage to PMQ

Fresh morning sight

Uphill

This is the street - Gough Street!

And we're here!
 Time Check: 8.05am
 And it is time to have breakfast!!!


Menu

My all time favourite Tomato Soup
Look at the huge tomato

Done with breakfast at about 8.45am and decided to try to find my favourite egg tart! 😋
Finally found this wall
Then as I walked further, I found Lyndhurst Terrace.


                                     




So I supposedly just finished breakfast, but how can I miss my favourite egg tart since it is just in the vicinity?




Melted in my mouth

Not sure why is it so, but even though there are many different Tai Cheong Bakery branches spread across Hong Kong, I only like the egg tart at the Central branch.

Tai Cheong Bakery 泰昌餅家
G/F 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, Hong Kong (Exit D2 Central)


After enjoying my egg tart, it was time to head to Causeway Bay for my hair appointment. I've been wanting to do my hair for quite some time and since I had time in Hong Kong, and after googling the good salons in Hong Kong, I decided to get my hair fixed in Hong Kong.

Walked past Tsui Wah while on the way to the station but as you can tell, I didn't have anymore tummy space for food!


Times Square

It started to drizzle a little as I was coming out of the station. 

This is the place!

I really enjoyed doing my hair there (took 3 hours to cut, dye, wash, treatment my hair). I love how they don't hard sell and their services are value for price! Definitely going back there when I next need a hair fix! 

Green Hair Salon
香港灣仔天樂里3至5號僑康大廈1b 
3-5 Tin Lok Ln, KIU HONG MANSION, Wan Chai

Time Check: 12.50pm!

And since I was in Wan Chai, how could I miss my favourite Roast Meat???

JOY HING
Joy Hing Roasted Meat 再興燒臘飯店
Block C, G/F Chong Hing Building, 265-267 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong 
(Wan Chai MTR, Exit A4)

Satisfied with my lunch!

And with that, I started making my way back to the airport. 

Time Check: 1.50pm

Did I mention it was really hot?

Taxi inside the airport

Waiting to board the plane
With that I headed home! Home sweet home, but I was definitely glad to have had some time in Hong Kong!!!

Flight that flew me home

One of the reasons I like flying Cathay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First HOLIDAY of 2018 ~ HONG KONG DAY 4 - Day Trip to Shunde 顺德

Dream Come True 2013 - Day 1 (of 7) in Korea - Jeju-do (10 Dec 2013, Tuesday)

Winter in Korea 2019: Day 7: Seoul (Last Day of 2019)