[HONG KONG] Off the TOURIST Track DAY 2 - 22 Oct 2015

After a good sleep, I actually woke up at 7am in the morning, unbelievable!

I laid around before leaving the place at 9! And thankful I did, because a ministry friend actually saw my posting on social media that I went to Australia Diary Company and asked if I was in Hong Kong too. After conversing, I learnt that it was her last day in Hong Kong and she was going for some Dim Sum and last minute shopping.

When I left the room, I still had no idea to do (this is something I grew very familar with this trip). I had planned to check out Central today but when I saw the mad hour rush in the train, I decided to detour and board from the other side of the platform and headed in the opposite direction. Alighted at Prince Edward Station and went to Kam Wah Cafe.

Walking through the same route we took on the last day of my last trip...


Kee Wah Bakery

The place where we had our herbal tea the last trip!

Kam Wah Cafe!!!

Pineapple buns from Kam Wah Cafe - melted in my mouth!




Learn that two of my friends from Singapore were in Hong Kong too and that they were going for Dim Sum.
Then I boldly (or thick-skinned) asked to join them for Dim Sum and turns out they were going to the Dim Sum place I really like the last time I was there and we had arranged to meet at 10am at One Dim Sum.



Upon arriving, that was when I learn they open at 11am on weekdays. So we postponed to meet each other at 11am. I took the train and randomly ended up at RAINBOW station!

If you know me, you know I love rainbows!

The colours really brighten every boring detail possible!

 So I ended up at Choi Hung estate!

Choi Hung Station!

Inside the station
If your take exit C, follow the walkway up and turn left, keep walking and you will find yourself beside a multi-storey carpark. Follow the stairs up and you would land yourself in the basketball courts/garden skypark of the estate.


Beautiful buildings - simple in colours!

The panoramic view!

View from the bench I was seated on!

Time flew past and it was time to head back to Prince Edward Station to meet my friends for lunch!

All the dishes we ordered

That was when we said goodbye and off I went to Central, finally.
Super thankful for the delay.

Alighted at Sheung Wan, exit A and proceeded to find PMQ - Police Married Quarters.
Follow the directions on the road and you'll find yourself there (be prepared to hike up!)


Follow the signages on the road

Expect some stairs to climb

PMQ!





Hand Sanitizer
This is a very interesting two buildings which house many local brands and designs so if you're into such products, it would be a good place to check out. And just thought to mention, if you're looking for a really clean toilet to use in Central area, this is probably it!

A nice chill out place connecting the two buildings at level 4

The stairways

Their windows
This is not DIM SUM, this are CANDLES!

My view while chilling at one of the tables

Just around the corner from PMQ

And surprisingly the place where we had my favourite tomato-based soup noodle was just round the corner. After walking like what seemed like a lifetime of stairs, I rewarded myself with this soup!

Tea Break!

The queue at 3!

And if you like beef brisket, right opposite you'll find a good one (though I haven't tried it myself, not a big fan).


Then I had wanted to find the Duddell Steps. Detoured back to Queen's Road (a very long street in Central) and walked along the path.

On the way, went into their supermarket and grabbed a few instant noodles (and a few Lychee Eclipse of course)! A note of advice: bring your own carriers or bag, they charge for plastic bags!


Then I continued walking and searching... and on the way, spotted this couple taking wedding photos.




After what seemed like another hour of hike, I finally found the steps!

Duddell Steps and Gas Lights

The top of the stairs

The bottom of the stairs


Looks familiar doesn't it? Many Hong Kong dramas and movie have scenes shoot here!

Then I went back to Queen's Road and boarded the Ding Ding trams!

Tram stops, they are in the middle of the road, easy to spot!

The tram I boarded!
 A word of advice: board from the back of the TRAM and alight at the front.

Board from the REAR of the TRAM, the front is for ALIGHTING!

My view from the tram where I was seated
I was going to alight at Wan Chai, but somehow found myself in Causeway Bay, again.

So I decided to queue for this!!!



And I queued for 40 minutes! 


1 cheese tart for 20 HKD (~$3.60)
6 cheese tarts for 110 HKD (~ $20)


Then I took a train to Wan Chai and met my other girlfriend at Wan Chai Ferry Pier!





And we took the Ferry across to Tsim Sha Tsui!




Such an enjoyable experience!




Ice-Cream Van spotted!



We had a walk along the harbour before heading for dinner. The night view from the Kowloon side is so pleasant! Can you spot the rainbow building and the Ferris wheel?

Dinner time!
She introduced me to Mui Kee Cookfood stall, a very clean type of cookfood stall, unlike the usual roadside kind.





You can find it at:
G/F, 45-47Kimberly Road, Kimberly Plaza, Tsim Sha Tsui
Opening hours:  08:00am -01:00am
Nearest MTR Exit: B1 of Tsim Sha Tsui station
You'll walk past Nature Republic, hike up a bit, turn right and you should see it.



Then we walked to Jordan for dessert!!!

Jia Jia Dessert

You can see the menu on the wall

Our Black-White Orders

So much essence in one bowl



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First HOLIDAY of 2018 ~ HONG KONG DAY 4 - Day Trip to Shunde 顺德

Dream Come True 2013 - Day 1 (of 7) in Korea - Jeju-do (10 Dec 2013, Tuesday)

Winter in Korea 2019: Day 7: Seoul (Last Day of 2019)