Last Morning of our R(est) & R(elax) Holiday in Penang, Malaysia! (15 March 2014, Saturday)

Time truly fly past when you are on holidays, and soon we were getting ready to fly back to our hometown.

Morning call was at 6am as we had to be at the airport by 8am. The breakfast buffet at Cititel earned great reviews and we were looking forward to breakfast which starts at 6.30am.

Main Street Cafe - where we had our buffet breakfast

Part of the sumptuous spread of food

Western Choices

Dim Sum and even Chanwamushi!!!

Local delights such as carrot cake, kway teow etc...

Cereal time!

Ending our breakfast with FRUITS!

We had booked for the airport transfer via our hotel, which was a bit more pricey in our perspective, about 45RM (SGD$17.50~). But it was quite early in the morning and we did not want to go by the streets hunting for taxis so this was the easy way out.

Beautiful morning on our way to the airport
The cab ride was pleasant and very soon we arrived at the airport and we were ready for check-in. We decided to go into the departure areas earlier to check out if there was any duty-free items to get. When I reached the airport, that was when I realized that I haven't actually bought any souvenirs for myself for this Penang trip, and something caught my eyes at the airport. After a short while of hesitation, I decided to get it!

My souvenir for myself!
Yes, I got myself a Korean Air Plane Model as a souvenir for myself . Some may ask how is this relevant to Penang... Well, the first plane I saw when our flight landed into Penang was the KOREAN AIR cargo; does that count? For those who have read my blog entries on Korea, I am sure you can tell how much I love Korea, so I believe I can be forgiven for getting such a unique present for myself. And for those who have yet to check out my blog entries on Korea, feel free to do so through HERE.

Once all the shopping were done, we simply chilled at the boarding gates waiting for our plane to arrive and meanwhile used the free WIFI at the airport to surf net and pass time.

Flight was quite empty and as scheduled, our plane arrived on time and we said our goodbyes.

That concluded our short but recharging getaway for us both!

Here is an overview of our itinerary in a glance:



Special thanks for Dee for being such a spontaneous travel companion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First HOLIDAY of 2018 ~ HONG KONG DAY 4 - Day Trip to Shunde 顺德

Dream Come True 2013 - Day 1 (of 7) in Korea - Jeju-do (10 Dec 2013, Tuesday)

Winter in Korea 2019: Day 7: Seoul (Last Day of 2019)