[HONG KONG] Off the TOURIST Track DAY 3 - 23 Oct 2015

The day of my girlfriend's WEDDING and the main motivation for this SOLO trip!!!

But I still had half a day to kill before meeting one of her university friends to doll up in her hotel room. So first things first, I headed to Jenny's Bakery to purchase the cookies my friends (in SG) wanted. And this was one of the main reasons I was "attracted" to an AirBnB located in Mirador Mansion. 

Interior Of Mirador Mansion
I took the lift downstairs (it was around 10am) and of course I didn't have to queue for long for the purchase. But be very sure you know what you want to order before you reach the counter, if not you may be told off by the sales lady at the shop. 

Shop G24 Ground Floor & Shop 42 1st Floor
Mirador Mansion
54-64 Nathan Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Business Hour: 9AM – 7PM
MTR: Tsim Sha Tsui Exit D
Shopping list for my friends!


I went back to place it my room before I headed out. (Another perks of staying at Mirador Mansion) Took the train to Yau Ma Tei. Walked around for a bit before heading to Mido Cafe for lunch (or rather brunch since it was my first meal of the day!)
Random walks, Random Sightings
Mido Cafe


Paranomic of the cafe (Upstairs)

Do note that there is a minimum charge

Did I mention that I fell in love with Coke with Lemon this trip?

Lunch
Honestly there was nothing much attractive about Mido Cafe, except that it is a cafe that appears in movies and dramas. And this is one of the most peaceful meal I had, there was no need to rush my meal, because there was no lunch hour crowd.

Mido Cafe
63 Temple Street, Yau Ma Tei
油麻地廟街63號地下
 8:30am – 9:45pm daily

Around the corner is the Yau Ma Tei Police Station. If you frequently watch Hong Kong dramas, this is probably not the first time you've seen this building. 




After which, I took the MTR and headed to Kwai Fong Station Exit C to collect my pre-ordered tickets for the musical Tuesdays with Morrie at Kwai Tsing Theatre. 





And since the Kwai Tsing Theatre is opposite the Kwai Chung Plaza (and I vaguely remembered my friend mentioned this is like the Far East Plaza of Singapore) so I decided to check it out. And I only walked around for 15 minutes (conscious of my time for the day) and still managed to get myself a new top! 






My purchase!!!
And as if I still had a lot of time to kill, I went to MongKok to check out this ice cream place! It is really too pretty to resist. 



My Pretty "Rose" ice cream!

Make It
244 Portland St, 
Mong Kok, 
Hong Kong
With that, I quickly headed back to my accommodation to collect the things I need for the night before heading to the hotel which my friend's wedding would be held. 
 

The view from the bridal suite

Someone brought Honolulu Cafe Egg Tarts

In the bridal suite while the bride is in preparation



And surely we had a lot more food, and it was insightful to see how elaborate (and different) a HK wedding is compared to a SG wedding! The bride changed 4 sets of gown (while SG is just 2 sets), and the make-up artist stays throughout to change her hairstyle and touch up on her make-up for the bride. Instead of going around the tables to take photos, the photo-taking is done on stage before the dinner starts. Eventful night and certainly glad to make the trip especially to witness my girlfriend wedded off to the love of her life! Wishing them the most blissful marriage!!! 
I went to bride's parents place to rest for the night (since it was much nearer to the hotel than my accommodation) and by the time I was ready for bed, it was around 1.15am! 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First HOLIDAY of 2018 ~ HONG KONG DAY 4 - Day Trip to Shunde 顺德

Dream Come True 2013 - Day 1 (of 7) in Korea - Jeju-do (10 Dec 2013, Tuesday)

Winter in Korea 2019: Day 7: Seoul (Last Day of 2019)